The Ultimate Guide to Sliding Shower Door
Many people nowadays are having problems regarding their bought houses with small spaces that have hinged doors which are very inefficient because of limited maneuverability. Because the Sliding Shower Door opens in a rather inefficient way that is why it takes too much space.In a small house, using the limited space as efficiently as possible is a must in order to improve the overall comfortability of the house and the small spaces.
In a small house, using the limited space as efficiently as possible is a must in order to improve the overall comfortability of the house and the small spaces. Installing a sliding door would be of great help in this situation because of its efficiency and being fairly inexpensive.
What is a Sliding Door?
A sliding door is a type of door when opened, moves horizontally in a sliding motion usually through a space between the walls or with an exterior slide placed on the wall. Automatic sliding doors for the use of people were invented in 1954 by Lew Hewitt and Dee Horton. These doors were first installed in 1960, and it uses a mat actuator for its mechanism.The modern uses significantly lesser space than a hinged door, and it is very efficient to use. As we all know, maneuverability is a must when in small spaces within the house in order to increase productivity.
What are the benefits of having a Sliding Door?
Sliding doors have a number of benefits, increased maneuverability, cost-effectiveness, increased space, and improved overall look of your interior because of it subtle design. It also solves the problems that are common in small shower spaces because of its benefits great aesthetics that fit small shower spaces.
The benefits are as follows:
- Increased Maneuverability: Sliding doors are opened by a sliding motion, unlike in hinged doors so that the movement of the doors is efficient. For example: in hinged doors, the door opens in a direction where it needs free space in order to be opened properly. This is rather inefficient because the potential usage of space will be limited because of the door’s obstruction thus, limiting the movements around the door. Sliding doors will remove this inefficiency and will save more space than your typical hinged doors. With more saved space, there is more room for furniture and more breathing space.
- Cost-effectiveness: Sliding shower doors are durable and will last longer than hinged doors because of its mechanism. The mechanism in hinged doors has a higher chance of failure than those in sliding doors because of the mechanism’s structure, and the mechanism of sliding doors are made to be much more rigid and durable.
- Aesthetics: The overall look and feel of a sliding door will help in improving the overall aesthetics of your house. Having that modern feel to your house is a great way to improving visualization. Improving the overall look of your house in order to please your visitor’s eyes is not a bad idea but when you improve the look of your house as well as your overall comfortability with that house, it is not just a good idea to install a sliding door; it is the greatest idea to have it.
- Efficient use of space: Sliding shower door will not use too much space when opened unlike in hinged doors where an empty space is needed to be allocated to be opened. Spaces that are to be used for hinged doors can be instead used for other useful purposes.
- Light – The overall look of the sliding doors are subtle and light, they are also a great way to have an efficient flow of lightings in your house. A well-lit house is a joyful house because light enables people to be more productive. Also, being light to the eye, the sliding door is a great aesthetic.
- Traffic Flow: With increased space and efficient movement, it will be a hassle- free to use a sliding door. The efficient sliding movement of the sliding door enables more people to go through the door unlike in a normal hinged door; the opened door plate is a great hindrance for people’s movement because it blocks their way. So if you want to have more efficient traffic flow in your home, a sliding door is a great idea.
- Air Flow – Sliding doors are great for regulating air flow because of the versatility of their design.For example, if you want the fresh wind to go in your house, you can just leave a sliding door open while not becoming an eyesore.
With its number of benefits, a typical sliding door set costs about 900 $, and materials are about the same, and labor costs are around 400 $. The cost is justified by its benefits though.
But Sliding Shower Door are costly, are they worth it?
Yes, they are indeed somewhat expensive, but the added benefits of having a Sliding shower door installed in your house are really nice when compared to a normal door. It is your choice though, do not force yourself to buy and install a sliding door if it exceeds your budget. Still, it is very useful to have a sliding door installed in your house.
Where would I buy a good Sliding Door for my house?
You can easily find a great deal on the internet; just make sure that the sites you are visiting are legitimate.
I have found some legitimate sites:
These legitimate sites have great sliding doors, but if you have a supplier is nearby though, you can buy there instead.
Sliding Shower Door are the product of innovation in this modern era; they are beneficial for us so why not install one in your house? With their advantages, compared to the hinged doors, sliding doors are much more worth to buy and have in a small spaced house. The only downside is, you need to have an allocated budget for it if you are planning to have one, it is fairly expensive so be a wise spender. But once you buy it you would love it and it can make your life easy.