Can Shower Door be Painted?
You can’t pain on a ice cube, but can you paint a shower door?
We cannot ignore that people have different color preferences. So they try to make it appear on everything that they have.
These might include home appliances inclusive of shower doors. With this said, it is likely that you might be considering painting your shower door.
It might be with the intention of improving privacy of shower door or shower screens. It could be just in order to get an elegant finish. However as this might seem to be a good idea, you really have to be careful. Manufacturers of the paints normally provide manuals that should guide you. The manual is so vital especially when you want to do the painting by yourself. Involving a professional shower door painter is an additional advantage. Reason being, the required skills are brought on both. In the end, you get some appealing work.
So how do you go about with the DIY painting process of shower door?
Below are some of the essentials that you need to have before painting the shower doors.
- Glass cleaner
- Mildew cleaner
- Fine sandpaper
- Tack cloth
- Painter’s tape
- White primer
- Paint brush
- Face mask
- Glass spray
Those are vitals items that you need to have in place. They are very critical to make the process efficient. Since it can be a DIY process you need everything in place. So after getting those items, you can start the process of painting your shower door. Below are the steps that you need to follow;
- Start by cleaning the shower door by using sponge and glass cleaner.
- clean mildew stains using water, bleach or mildew cleaner.
- Make sure you rinse the glass well and leave the shower door to completely dry.
- You can sand the shower door by using sandpaper to get a surface that is non-slick.
- Using a tack cloth wipe the glass.
- Put the painter’s taper over there a metal or chrome surrounding the glass shower door to prevent it from the paint.
- Apply the white primer to the glass by using a paint brush.
- Then apply coats of paint till the glass can no longer be seen.
- You will then have to spray the door using glass spray paint.
- Allow the paint to dry and spray again if you want a finish that is dark.
- Finally, allow the paint to dry for about 24 hours before using the shower door.
Painting your shower door is very important when you want to maintain the elegance in your bathroom. Besides that, we have seen that it also improves privacy.But the painting process has to be done carefully as discussed above. This is of great significance in preventing losses and mistakes. In addition to painting makes sure you choose the color of your choice.
During the painting process, turn on the exhaust fan in the bathroom to maintain minimum paint fumes while drying. Last but not least while using spray paint, make sure to keep the bathroom windows and doors open if the area is confined. Do not forget to have your goggles on. All those are safety measures that are very significant to you while painting. So you really have to put that into consideration lest you suffer dire consequences.